Personal Care Plans
There are many things we do on a regular basis that are part of life at Straits Area Senior Living. These range anywhere from assisting with furniture arrangement at move-in, helping a resident during an activity or simply providing specialized care based on individual need. These are all necessary elements in providing the highest quality of care. Some of our residents are very independent and reside at Straits Area Senior Living for the convenience and social benefits. Others may need assistance with activities of daily living. Listed below are some additional careoriented services that we offer:
- 24-hour care and assistance that allows our residents to feel at ease, safe and confident.
We monitor and provide assistance based on a system of four care levels. Each resident is assessed prior to admission to determine their level of care.
- We offer assistance with bathing and showering.
- We can provide transportation to and from local doctors appointments and we take the time to speak one-on-one with residents’ physicians.
- We provide respectful and compassionate incontinent care.
- We provide a medication management program that not only ensures you will receive the correct dose of your medication at the correct time, but also monitors your reaction to medication and relays any changes in health condition directly to your doctor.
- As situations arise, our staff does so many special things out of kindness, compassion and love … from heartfelt compliments to helping with a puzzle, or taking the time to just listen when someone needs to talk.
Depending on your needs with respect to assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, dressing and toileting, a level of care is assigned to each resident based on a score determined by a personal assessment. This assessment will be completed by the Resident Care Coordinator prior to move in. The level of care fee is an additional cost, which is added to the monthly rent.
Level 1 - Intermittent Assistance and Medication Management
- Management of medications which includes storage and administration of medications, as prescribed by the resident’s physician or licensed health-care professional to residents by trained staff as well as renewals of prescriptions.
Level 2 - Continual Assistance
- Consistently requires one person assistance to complete their activities of daily living and personal care including dressing and grooming
- Assistance with management of incontinence including cueing and reminders.
- Medication management
- Once per day diabetic care and management including blood sugar monitoring and/or insulin injection
- PRN oxygen
- Daily weights
Level 3 - Complete Assist
- Consistently requires one person assistance to complete their activities of daily living and personal care including toileting, bathing, transferring and ambulation
- More than once per day assistance with management of incontinence care including specific toileting schedule.
- Medication management
- Urinary catheter or colostomy care
- More than once per day diabetic care and management
- Continuous oxygen therapy
- Daily wound care
- Daily blood pressures
- Episodic confusion requiring queuing and additional monitoring to maintain safe
Level 4 - Continuing Care
- Consistently requires one-person assistance with activities of daily living and two person assist with transfers.
- Regular nursing interventions
- Behavior intervention, monitoring, redirection, guidance and cueing
- End of life care